EU Strategy for Protection and Welfare of animals 2012 – 2015
Communication from the Commission to the European Parliament, The Council And The European Economic And Social Committee on the European Union Strategy for the Protection and Welfare of Animals 2012-2015
- Official Press Release
- Questions and Answers on the Strategy
- EU Parliament Report: Paulsen Report II
- Animal Welfare in the European Union (2017 study for the PETI Committee – Author: Emeritus Professor Donald M. BROOM)
EU Platform on Animal Welfare
In June 2017 the EU Commission launched a Platform on Animal Welfare, “to promote an enhanced dialogue on animal welfare issues that are relevant at EU level among competent authorities, businesses, civil society and scientists.” Since the beginning, VIER PFOTEN has been a member of the Platform and of its "Voluntary Initiative Subgroup on Pets (dogs) in Trade".
Léon Arnts (Sr. Policy Officer Animal Welfare international – Ministry of Agriculture, Nature and Food Quality – Netherlands) presentation at the Platform meeting of 17 June 2019: Health & Welfare of Pets (dogs) in trade Voluntary Initiative Group.
Denis Simonin ( Head of Sector Animal Welfare Unit G2 Directorate General for Health and Food safety -European Commission) presentation at the Platform meeting of 17 June 2019: EU Coordinated Control Plan on online sales of dogs and cats.
Community Action Plan 2006-2010
- COMMUNICATION FROM THE COMMISSION TO THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND THE COUNCIL on a Community Action Plan on the Protection and Welfare of Animals 2006-2010
- COMMISSION WORKING DOCUMENT on a Community Action Plan on the Protection and Welfare of Animals 2006-2010 – Strategic basis for the proposed actions